Budget is the most crucial aspect of the Indian wedding. With increasing class consciousness and show, people have started spending huge amounts of money on weddings. This not only leads to wastage but might also prove detrimental for you in the end. Though it is a one time affair in life, one should be careful that the happiness wedding brings is not short lived and lasts years to come. In India, the middle class is becoming increasingly experimental and is stretching the limits far beyond. In fact the Indian wedding involves such a long procedure that one is bound to spend. So, there is no need to look ways to go overboard. Now, if you are wondering how to achieve this goal, we have provided some tips below for you help.
Ways to Reduce Your Wedding Budget
Budget is the most important thing to be decided in an Indian wedding. Know more about marriage budget in India.
- Choose an economic wedding venue. Rather than going for plush farm houses, hotels and banquets, go for more economic places.
- Get your booking done in advance as the prices are soaring high during the peak season. This will provide you with cheaper deals.
- Combine different wedding ceremonies with each other to reduce on the cost. Individual functions for all the rituals are expensive, so club functions. For e.g. club sangeet with mehendi.
- Reduce on wedding attire. Go for an outfit which suits your standard but don't go overboard. Avoid designer clothes and spend decently.
- Reduce on your decoration. To reduce the cost for decoration, go for seasonal flowers. Instead of fresh flower decoration, opt for artificial flower decoration.
- Reduce on your food and catering. Order accordingly, to avoid any wastage. Do not keep too many items and avoid non seasonal dishes.
- Reduce on your invitation cards. Keep the cards simple yet attractive.